The bike’s electric motor is activated when you pedal. The harder you pedal, the more power from the motor you get. Your bike comes with a power control which has multiple levels of assist. In Eco mode your legs will be doing most of the work. At full power you feel very little resistance as you pedal allowing you to tackle steep hills and long distances.
- Easily ride uphill and into headwinds.
- Don’t sweat. Even though you can ride much faster, you won’t feel like you have to take a shower once you arrive.
- Safety. This might seem counter-intuitive, since you can go faster than on a regular bike, but you also get an easier start from stopped positions, allowing you to get through intersections and navigate traffic more effectively. When climbing steep hills with cars nearby you can focus more of your energy on controlling the bike instead of propelling the bike.
- Relieve pressure on joints. Ebikes put less pressure on knees, hips, and other joints.
- Enjoy the ride together. Whether riding with kids or with a slower riding partner, an ebike can let you all have fun riding together.
- Leave the car at home. You may be surprised how quickly you can get around even compared to a car. With an ebike you can avoid traffic using bike routes, maintain a higher average speed than a conventional bike, and then park (for free) extremely close to where you are going.
- Have more fun! Riding a bicycle is already fun and when you add electric assist it becomes even more fun. We guarantee your first ride on a Zeitgeist ebike will put a big grin on your face!
Absolutely! It is all up to you how much exercise you want to get. There are many ways to challenges yourself.
- Use your ebike without any support or in Eco mode and still feel your legs burn
- Ride farther and longer with an ebike.
- Leverage the fun of riding an ebike to get out and exercise more frequently than you normally would.
- Ride with more assist if you don’t want to be sweaty at your event and ride with less assist on the way home.
- Promote and active lifestyle.
No, e-bikes are surprisingly quiet and the sound is not even detectable to nearby riders!
Yes! The electric components of our e-bike’s are highly water resistant, so you can ride your bike in the rain and through puddles without worry. You can even wash your e-bike! However, do not use a pressure washer and dry before storing.
Glad you asked! Our mission at Zeitgeist is promote health and sustainability! One car will have the same carbon footprint of 30-60 ebikes depending now how much your state uses coal in their power grid. No matter how you calculate it, even though an ebike uses electricity that might come from fossil fuels, the environmental impact compared to a car is minuscule.
You can think of an e-bike as being comprised of two groups of parts –mechanical and electric.
- Mechanical parts are the same parts that you’ll see on non-electric bikes. Servicing mechanical parts can be performed at any bike shop.
- The electrical parts don’t require any maintenance. If you do run into a problem with an electrical part, you’ll want to go to a shop that has some expertise in servicing ebikes.
No, Zeitgiest ebikes meet all the requirements to be categorized the same way as a traditional bike.
Nope. If you can ride a normal bike you’ll have no trouble with an ebike.
The word Zeitgeist is defined as “the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history”. Our team believes that an all-electric, sustainable world can be the zeitgeist of our generation. Thank you for being a part of our mission to promote health and sustainability through quality electric transportation!